Welcome to 211colorado.org (the “Site”), operated by 2-1-1 Colorado (“2-1-1 Colorado,” “we,” “our,” or “us”). The following terms and conditions (collectively, the “Terms”) govern your access to and use of the Site, the 2-1‑1 Colorado service, including our proprietary database containing data and information concerning community resources and services in the Rocky Mountain region, (collectively, the “2-1-1 Service”), and any other services, data, information, functionality, features, software, text, displays, images, video, audio, and other content offered or made available on or through the Site or the 2-1-1 Service (collectively, the “Services”).
For the purposes of these Terms, “you” and “your” means you, the person accessing or using the Services and any persons that you authorize to access or use the Services on your behalf.
In the event there are any inconsistencies between these Terms and any offline materials relating to our Services (e.g., promotional materials and mailers), these Terms will govern and take precedence with respect to such inconsistencies.
Our Services are offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. By using the Services, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with 2-1-1 Colorado and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Services.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU ACCESS OR USE OUR SERVICES. BY ACCESSING OR USING OUR SERVICES, YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND AND ABIDE BY THESE TERMS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE PROHIBITIONS AGAINST SCRAPING INFORMATION AND DATA FROM THE SERVICES SET FORTH IN SECTION 10.1 (PROHIBITED USES). YOU MUST NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS.
2. Changes to the Terms and Services
We may revise and update these Terms from time to time in our sole discretion. All changes are effective immediately when we post them and apply to all access to and use of the Services thereafter. Your continued use of the Services following the posting of revised Terms means that you accept and agree to the changes. You are expected to check this page from time to time so you are aware of any changes, as they are binding on you.
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend any or all of the Services in our sole discretion without notice. We may also update certain content, features, or other aspects of the Services from time to time; however, no content, features, information, or materials available through our Services are necessarily complete or up-to-date. Content, information, and other materials accessed or made available through our Services may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such materials.
3. Accessing the Services
We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Services is unavailable at any time or for any period. You are responsible for both making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Services and for ensuring that all persons who access the Services through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and comply with them.
If you choose, or are provided with, a username, password, or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that, where an account is provided to you, such account is personal to you and you agree not to provide any other person with access to the Services using your username, password, or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your username or password or any other breach of security.
We have the right to disable any username, password, or other identifier, whether chosen by you or provided by us, at any time in our sole discretion for any or no reason, including if in our opinion you have violated any of these Terms.
4. Intellectual Property Rights
The Services, including without limitation, the Site and the 2-1‑1 Service, are owned by 2-1-1 Colorado, our licensors, and/or other providers, and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws. These Terms permit you to access and use the Services for your personal, non-commercial use only. You may access and use the Services for lawful purposes only and in accordance with these Terms, including without limitation, in accordance with Section 10 (Rules of Conduct).
Without limiting the foregoing, you must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store, or transmit any content or information from our Services, except as follows: (a) your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials; (b) you may store files that are automatically cached by your browser for display enhancement purposes; (c) if we provide desktop, mobile, or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications; and (e) if we provide social media features with certain content, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You must not: (i) modify copies of any content, information, data, or other materials from our Services; (ii) use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, or any graphics separately from the accompanying text; (iii) delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Services; or (iv) access or use for any commercial purposes any part of our Services or any data, information, content, or other materials made available on or through the Services, including any data or information from the 2-1-1 Service.
If you print, copy, modify, download, or otherwise use or provide any other person with access to any Services in breach of these Terms, your right to use our Services will stop immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made. No right, title, or interest in or to the Services, including any information, data, or content on the Site or accessible through the 2-1-1 Service, is transferred to you, and all rights not expressly granted are reserved by 2-1-1 Colorado. Any use of the Services not expressly permitted by these Terms is a breach of these Terms and may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws.
The 2-1-1 Colorado name, our logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of 2-1-1 Colorado or our affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of 2-1-1 Colorado. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans used in the Services are the trademarks of their respective owners.
The Services may contain message boards, chat rooms, forums, bulletin boards, and other interactive features that allow users to post, submit, publish, display, or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, “post”) content, information, or materials (collectively, “Submissions”) on or through the Services. All Submissions must comply with these Terms, including without limitation, the Rules of Conduct set out in Section 10.
Any Submission you post on or through the Services will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any such Submission, you grant us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute, and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose.
You represent and warrant that: (a) you own or control all rights in and to such Submissions and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns; and (b) all of your Submissions do and will comply with these Terms.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any Submission you submit or contribute, and you, not 2-1-1 Colorado, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness. We are not responsible or liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any Submissions posted by you or any other user of the Services.
7. Monitoring and Enforcement
We have the right to: (a) remove or refuse to post any Submissions for any or no reason in our sole discretion; (b) take any action with respect to any Submission that we deem necessary or appropriate in our sole discretion, including if we believe that such Submission violates these Terms, including the Rules of Conduct below, infringes any intellectual property right or other right of any person or entity, threatens the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or could create liability for 2-1-1 Colorado; (c) disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy; (d) take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Services; and (e) terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Services for any or no reason, including without limitation, any violation of these Terms.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to cooperate fully with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any information or materials on or through the Services. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS 2-1-1 COLORADO AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING, OR TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF, INVESTIGATIONS BY SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, we cannot review all material before it is posted, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
8. Links from the Services and Social Media Features
If the Services contain links to sites, resources, or services provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites or services linked to from our Services, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites or services.
The Services may also provide certain social media features that enable you to, for example, link from your own or certain third-party websites to certain content on our Services, send communications with certain content, or links to certain content, or cause limited portions of Site content to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites. You may use these features solely as they are provided by us, solely with respect to the content they are displayed with, and otherwise in accordance with additional terms and conditions we provide with respect to such features, if any.
Subject to the foregoing, you must not: (a) establish a link from any website or service that is not owned by you; (b) cause the Services or portions thereof to be displayed on, or appear to be displayed by, any other site or service, for example, framing, deep linking, or in-line linking; (c) link to any part of the Site other than the homepage; or (d) otherwise take any action with respect to content, information, or other materials from our Services that is inconsistent with any other provision of these Terms.
You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to stop. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in our discretion.
10. Rules of Conduct
10.1. Prohibited Uses
You may use the Services only in accordance with these Terms. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to, unless otherwise expressly agreed to by 2-1-1 Colorado pursuant to a written agreement between you and 2-1-1 Colorado:
- access or use the Services in any manner or for any purpose that infringes, misappropriates, or otherwise violates any intellectual property right, or other right of any person, including any privacy right, or that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation;
- access or use the Services for the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise;
- access or use the Services to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use, or re-use any content or material that does not comply with the Content Standards set out below;
- access or use the Services to transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including any “junk mail,” “chain letter,” “spam,” or any other similar solicitation;
- access or use the Services to impersonate or attempt to impersonate 2-1-1 Colorado, any 2-1-1 Colorado employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses associated with any of the foregoing);
- access or use the Services to engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Services, or which, as determined by us, may harm 2-1-1 Colorado or users of the Services, or expose them to liability;
- access or use the Services in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair them or interfere with any other party’s use of the Services, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Services;
- use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Services for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any information or material from the Services, including without limitation, from the 2-1-1 Service;
- without limiting the foregoing, copy, access or retrieve in bulk, harvest, index, or scrape any material, content, data, or information from the Services, including without limitation, from the 2-1-1 Service;
- use any manual process to monitor or copy any of content, data, or information from the Services, or for any other purpose not expressly authorized in these Terms, without our prior written consent;
- use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Services;
- introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful, or attack the Services via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack, or otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Services or any server, computer, or database connected to the Services;
- rent, lease, lend, sell, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer, or otherwise make available the Services, or any material, content, data, or information from the Services, including without limitation, from the 2-1-1 Service, to any third party for your or anyone else’s commercial purposes or for monetary or other valuable consideration, including for any promotional, marketing, or advertising purpose;
- publish, enhance, or display any compilation or directory based upon content, data, or information derived from the Services, including without limitation, from the 2-1-1 Service;
- create user accounts by automated means or under fraudulent or false pretenses;
- reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode, design around, or adapt any material, content, data, or information from the Services, or attempt to derive or gain access to the methods used to compile material, content, data, or information made available by the Services, including without limitation, by the 2-1-1 Service;
- without limiting the foregoing, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, design around, or otherwise access or use, directly or indirectly, the Services or any material, content, data, or information from the Services, including from the 2-1-1 Service, to design, develop, test or operate any website, product or service that is competitive with the Services, including without limitation, the 2-1-1 Service; or
10.2. Content Standards
Submissions must in their entirety comply with all applicable laws and regulations and, without limiting the foregoing, must not:
- contain any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable;
- promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person;
- promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act;
- cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person;
- impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization, or otherwise be likely to deceive any person;
- involve commercial activities, including any offers or sales of products or services, any solicitations for contributions or donations, and/or any contests, sweepstakes, or other sales promotions, barter, or advertising, in each case whether for profit or not for profit;
- give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case;
- relate to topics or themes that do not pertain to the those of the Services;
- violate any specific restrictions applicable to a public forum, including any age restrictions or procedures;
- be posted on any publicly viewable areas of the Services if they include any personally identifiable information, including without limitation, instant messaging addresses, personal URLs, physical addresses, or phone numbers; or
- be antisocial, disruptive, or destructive, or constitute “flaming,” “flooding,” “trolling,” or “griefing,” as those terms are commonly understood and used on the internet.
11. Copyright Infringement
If you believe any Submissions or other materials accessible on or from our Services infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access to them) from the Services by submitting written notification to our copyright agent designated below. It is our policy in appropriate circumstances to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who are repeat infringers.
All DMCA notices must be sent to the email or postal address provided below. In accordance with the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) (“DMCA”), the written DMCA notice must include substantially the following: (a) your physical or electronic signature; (b) identification of the copyrighted work you believe to have been infringed or, if the claim involves multiple works, a representative list of such works; (c) identification of the material you believe to be infringing in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that material; (d) adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number, and, if available, email address); (e) a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (d) statement that the information in the written notice is accurate; and (g) a statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
If you fail to comply with all of the requirements of Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA, your DMCA notice may not be effective. Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity on or through the Services is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) under Section 512(f) of the DMCA.
12. Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Services is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such material by you or any other user of the Services, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
The Services may include content, information, or other materials, including Submissions, provided by other users or third parties. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of 2-1-1 Colorado or our affiliates. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
13. Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Services will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our Services for any reconstruction of any lost data. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES OR ANY INFORMATION, MATERIALS, OR ITEMS OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICES OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED TO THE SERVICES, OR ON ANY WEBSITE OR SERVICE LINKED TO THE SERVICES.
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY MATERIALS, INFORMATION, OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICES AND ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, MATERIALS, OR ITEMS OBTAINED OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER 2-1-1 COLORADO, ITS AFFILIATES, NOR ANY OTHER PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH 2-1-1 COLORADO MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER 2-1-1 COLORADO NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH 2-1-1 COLORADO REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE SERVICES OR ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, INFORMATION, OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT THE SERVICES OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES OUR SERVICES AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE SERVICES OR ANY MATERIALS, INFORMATION, OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, 2-1-1 COLORADO HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless 2-1-1 Colorado, our affiliates, licensors, and service providers, and our and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, suppliers, successors, and assigns from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses, or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to your violation of these Terms or your use of the Services, including, but not limited to, your Submissions, any use of the Services’ content, information, data, or other materials other than as expressly authorized in these Terms, or your use of any other information, data, or materials obtained from the Services.
15. Limitation on Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL 2-1-1 COLORADO, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICES, ANY WEBSITES OR SERVICES LINKED TO OUR SERVICES, ANY RELATED CONTENT PROVIDED BY THE SERVICES OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
16.1. Geographic Restrictions
2-1-1 Colorado is based in the State of Colorado in the United States. We provide these Services for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Services or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Services may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Services from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
16.2. Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
All matters relating to the Services and these Terms, and any dispute or claim arising therefrom or related thereto (in each case, including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Colorado without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of Colorado or any other jurisdiction). Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of, or related to, these Terms or the Services shall be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the State of Colorado, in each case located in the City of Denver and County of Denver. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts.
16.3. Limitation on Time to File Claims
If any legal action is brought to enforce these Terms, the prevailing party will be entitled to reimbursement of its reasonable attorneys’ fees, court costs, and other collection expenses, in addition to any other relief it may receive from the other party.
16.5. Equitable Relief
You acknowledge and agree that a breach or threatened breach of these Terms, including in particular of the Rules of Conduct under Section 10, would cause 2-1-1 Colorado irreparable harm for which monetary damages would not be an adequate remedy and you agree that, in the event of such breach or threatened breach, we will be entitled to seek equitable relief, including a restraining order, an injunction, specific performance, and any other relief that may be available from any court, without any requirement to post a bond or other security, or to prove actual damages or that monetary damages are not an adequate remedy. Such remedies are not exclusive and are in addition to all other remedies that may be available at law, in equity, or otherwise.
16.6. Waiver and Severability
No waiver by 2-1-1 Colorado of any term or condition set out in these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or a waiver of any other term or condition, and any failure of 2-1-1 Colorado to assert a right or provision under these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of the Terms will continue in full force and effect.
The headings in these Terms are for convenience only and are not to be used in interpretation.
16.8. Entire Agreement
This Site and the Services are operated by 2-1-1 Colorado, located in Colorado, U.S.A. Any questions, comments, feedback, requests, and other communications should be directed to:
By email: 211Colorado@unitedwaydenver.org
By fax: 303.455.6462
By postal mail:
c/o Mile High United Way
711 Park Ave West
Denver, CO 80205